If you suffer from acid reflux, you will be well aware of the severe discomfort you often endure after eating. To make matters worse, lying down can exacerbate your condition. There is hope in the form of chiropractic care for acid reflux, which offers respite and a drug-free, alternative solution to your problem.
How can a chiropractor help me treat acid reflux?
Patients can achieve excellent results through chiropractic care, reducing their symptoms and often curing the condition altogether.
A consultation with a chiropractor will primarily focus on three objectives:
- Weight management — A primary concern for any patient suffering from any type of ailment is weight. A chiropractor can recommend changes to your diet, which may be causing your acid reflux.
- Relieving stress in the joints — If your joints are not functioning correctly, they sometimes put pressure on nerves in other areas of the body. A chiropractor can relieve this pressure which may help to reduce your acid reflux Treatment in Ontario.
- Strengthening the spine — Using their hands to perform manual manipulations, the chiropractor can free the nerves in your spine of any obstructions or pressure which might be causing problems
Pressure or stress in one area can create an adverse effect in an entirely different area. It’s for this reason that chiropractic care can help to reduce symptoms of acid reflux.
Relieving a problem in one part of the body sets off a positive chain reaction, with the potential to reduce stress in the location and Online Treatment for Acid Reflux Ontario is originating.
What causes acid reflux?
The most common cause of acid reflux are:
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, soft drinks, coffee, or tea
- Certain foods like tomatoes, onions, garlic, mint, citrus, chocolate, or spices
- Eating too close to bedtime
- Lying down or bending at the waist after eating a big meal
- Medication such as muscle relaxants, blood pressure pills, ibuprofen, or aspirin
Available treatments for acid reflux?
- Only a handful of natural remedies are known to help ease symptoms for sufferers of acid reflux. These include:
- Chewing gum — Chewing stimulates the production of saliva, which helps to flush away harmful acids.
- Ginger tea — A cup of ginger tea is a popular remedy for calming an upset stomach.
- Baking soda — Due to its high pH level, baking soda can neutralize acid content within your body.
If you are suffering from this condition, you may be surprised by how beneficial chiropractic care for acid reflux in Waterford, MI can be.